posted
Has anyone bought one of these?
http://www.accurateinnovations.com/

Thanks for any help
Gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I've had one on order for my left handed MRC short action since mid-April. I'd love to give a review, once I see it!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It wise to remember that everything that is manufactured with machines (and that includes rifles) has an allowable plus and minus tolerance on demensions.

If someone makes a bedding block that block will also be made with a certain amount of plus or minus tolerance.

When you get a block at the high end of the tolerance and a receiver at the low end you are going to have a certain amount of slop resulting.

There is absolutely no way to manufacture a “one size fits all†steel bedding block that will be anywhere near as accurate as a glass bedding job that conforms and hardens to your particular receiver.

You can take outside measurements on fifty indentical models from the same manufacturer and no two will be exactly the same. Glass bedding will compensate for those slight differences, where a steel block won’t. To get to a true fit of action to stock you would have to glass bed the block...which to me seems just a bit redundant.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rick, I have never seen one of these type stocks in person. I am looking for a original wood stock for it. Whitworth 375 showed
up with Ramline(mod # ugly POS)and want a better
one. How is the boy. Tell him,Hell you know what to tell him.
Gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Invader, if you are looking for an exact replacement for a Whitworth Express stock, I have my original that is set up as a pattern stock from when I was having a fair amount of blanks turned by a friend. If you can get Jeffe to turn the wood, I would be glad to loan it to you. Lee.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
INvader, Do you need the old style with the release in the guard or the cross pin? I might know where a cross pin one is.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by invader66:
Thanks Rick, I have never seen one of these type stocks in person. I am looking for a original wood stock for it. Whitworth 375 showed
up with Ramline(mod # ugly POS)and want a better
one. How is the boy. Tell him,Hell you know what to tell him.
Gene

Hey, Gene...thanks for asking!

He’s doing real well and I got to visit with him while he was home on leave last week. He left to go back on the 8th, so he’s probably back in country now, but haven’t heard from him yet.

Semper Fi...my friend!

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My grandson left Monday for San Diego to be molded into a Marine. We are all very proud of him. Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Butch...I’m sure you ARE proud of him, and deservedly so!

Actually I’m waiting for the ACLU to complain about the Marine Corps motto: Semper Fidelis. Most people know that this is Latin for “Always Faithful“...but usually only Marines know the three things that Marines pledge to be always faithful to. My God, My Country, and My Corps...and in that order.

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Rick and all
I love each and eveyone of them and know that all on the threads matters little compared to what these young people do for us. God bless them.
The aclu can sue me.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
My grandson left Monday for San Diego to be molded into a Marine. We are all very proud of him. Butch

Sir. I am proud of him and grateful for him and those like him.
Gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
INvader, Do you need the old style with the release in the guard or the cross pin? I might know where a cross pin one is.

My release is on the trigger guard. If it is nice i might be able to work with it.
thanks

Lee440 Jeffe may make a table leg or beer keg out of it but will see him sat. Thanks for your kind offer.
Gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club