Find
Notify
Tools

semi inletted stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents:

Quick question for you: Some makers out there will sell you a semi inletted stock and then you have it finished by someone else. Forgive my ignorance; does this mean it is cut according to a pattern? Does such an item allow for cast and length of pull to be specified?

Thanks.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are pretty much at the mercy of their pattern. Some custome turners may be able to adjust a small amount for you, probably only LOP.

I would like to hear if anyone has a different opinion, though.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are pretty much at the mercy of their pattern. Some custome turners may be able to adjust a small amount for you, probably only LOP

I've had them add LOP leave extra wood for a palm swell and a higher comb. Then again that was at Bishop's and they are no longer in business. Best way to know for sure is to call a couple and ask.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
Dennis Olsen would be on my short list for guys to call in regards to your issue.

Williams Machine Works

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you really want something that is going to fit you exactly and you want a semi inlet the best thing might be to purchase one with real cheap wood, adjust it to your specifications by adding epoxy where its needed and take away wood where its not needed, and then glass your metal in. Then have that one duplicated using your good wood. A bit more expensive yes, but at least you are getting what you wanted.