New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mrc ph stock options
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Whats out there besides the factory stock ?
EDs going to build me a 585 HE on the Ph action and I been looking for a good looking stock .

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I have this pattern I can cut. I have no clue if it is the factory.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's Nice ! I don't think that's factory because the one from Mrc has the drop belly which I don't like . You have any pictures of it on a rifle ?

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Sorry I simply cut it for a member here. It was his pattern and he allowed me to make a copy.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Haven't checked these guys in awhile but they replied to my email inquiry that they make sporting(Classic) and tactical(T1 and T11) stocks for the Montana PH action.

Wayne York
(541) 278-4177
www.oregunsmithingllc.com

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forum member Christrees, of Walnut Grove Gunstocks of Idaho, made mine.

He used my PH action to make his pattern. The inletting is superb!

I think he has some already made up.

He has a great selection of blanks, hundreds of them from plain to super fancy.

shane

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk10ga:
That's Nice ! I don't think that's factory because the one from Mrc has the drop belly which I don't like . You have any pictures of it on a rifle ?

This pattern is from the one and only PH rifle from American Hunting Rifles (AHR). They didn't like the perch belly either so they cut a little off the magazine box to slim the stock. Not enough to change capacity but enough to clean up the lines.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
This pattern is from the one and only PH rifle from American Hunting Rifles (AHR).

Thanks for clearing up my foggy memory on where the pattern had came from. I do like the mass on it for a heavy kicker.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I still need to send you the Win 52, as well. That project scares me enough that I keep procrastinating.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since Wayne swore he would never do another on the PH after he finished the one I sent him, I am assuming that is my AHR stock that someone copied. It was a 600 OK, and last I heard, Frank owns it.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, we made three rifles on the PH, a 505 Gibbs and two 600 OK's. First thing we did was make a stock pattern that cleaned up the bottom line of the stock and put a little rake into it. It involved taking .100" off the front of the mag box. That's what you will need to do to use that pattern.

Posts: 1246 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
As you can see the pattern was sent to me by Tiggertate. I have no clue as to the .1" on the front of the box. I do know he made comment as to adding some material to pattern in the front of the box area to cover.

I'm sure he could clear of the question.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
tigger,

didn't you also buy a ph stock from Christrees?

Did you ever do anything with it?

I am getting ready to start on mine that was cut from the same pattern.

He used my action as a pattern for the inletting.

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote