Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

McMillan or HS Precision
 Login/Join

posted
I am planning a custom rifle project for an African Plains Game hunt next year. I have a Montana Rifleman Short Magnum action on order and plan to barrel it with a Lilja #4 contour barrel -- chambered in .338 WSM.

I am trying to decide between a McMillan or HS Precision stock. I realize there may be other options out there worth considering as well. Does anyone have any real experience with either of these (or other options) that could shed some light on helping me with this decision?

Thanks,

Posts: 1 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 30 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

In my humble opinion, you cannot go wrong with McMillan.

Coach

Posts: 114 | Location: near Abilene, Texas | Registered: 04 September 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

My hands down favorite, McMillan

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
No experience with them, but Borden's Rimrock stocks are a little bit lighter than McMillan's, yet appear to be very well constructed -- and attractive.

Posts: 22571 | Registered: 22 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have two McMillans, and six H-S Precisions.

Either will work well for your application. The McMillan may or may not be lighter than the H-S Precision, depending upon the models you are comparing.

The McMillan will require bedding; the H-S Precision may not (none of mine are bedded and all the guns shoot MOA or better).

McMillans are more expensive and will take longer to deliver (3-6 months), so if you decide on that brand, order soon.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Badboyz
posted Hide Post
I prefer the McMillans, but a check of their website yesterday showed a substantial increase in their prices...