Find
Notify
Tools

Pete Grisel Stockwork......??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted
If anyone has any pictures of his stockwork I would love to see them. Pictures of his metalwork are easily found but I have had a hard time finding pictures of his stocks. Im headed down to see him in April but I dont want to wait that long to admire his work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,
This is the only one I have. As I remember it is flawless but what struck me was the mirror and shelves that he built. They were marvelous and the carving was hand done. And they just hung in the air with no support whatsoever.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You Bum, where the heck where you last weekend?

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chic! I remember that display!

Howard - I was at home......building a new rust bluing cabinet, putting up shelves in the laundry room, and helping the boys build a train layout board. Then I did some painting in the laundry room. I decided not to go this year and put my money into my rifles. Im planning on going next year.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill - I did a search on Gunsamerica for "Pete Grisel" and got 2 or 3 listings w/ pictures that are apparently his work. There also may be some pictures of Grisel rifles in some of my old Gun Digest's at home. I'll look this weekend.
We missed you at Reno. I got to sit in your chair (next to Chic)!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Glen,

Thanks! I will get over to GA and do the search myself. btw - Im reclaiming my chair next year.....hehehe....or maybe Chic should put out two??

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Bill,

I sent you a couple of emails to the address on your website. Did your receive them?

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Ramrod - that website has been out of date for well over a year now and I dont even use that ISP anymore. Im not sure why they still keep the site up????? Anyway, I apologize for the confusion. Here is my correct email

bsoverns@msn.com

Hope to hear from you soon.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Too bad you didn't make it, we missed you. Next year you must buy two rounds of drinks.

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There was a really good looking Grisel '06 Springfield 1903 at the Las Vegas show, complete with his hinged floorplate and trigger guard release. Beautifully stocked. But, insanely, on a single heat treat 412xxx action. In summary, a fancy boat anchor. Inexplicable lapse of judgment, he must have known better.

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
or he knows something that you don't know!!!!