THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what was the state of art scope in 1973???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just bought an as new remington 700c in 30'06..it has the best wood i've vere seen on a "c" and it's oil finished..It came with a redfield widefield 3x9..which i don't want to use.. Does anyone know when the 1" zeisses 1st startedinto the us?? when the leupold varix111 were introduced..

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
tom,

The scope you already have and do not want to use, was one of the best scopes on the market in 1973. I got the same scope that year and it still works just fine, it has not been out of the rings in 32 years.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
I put that scope on a mod 70 Winchester 06 in 69 or so. Mabey before. Sill in the rings and I don't see takeing it out.
Gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBabcock
posted Hide Post
Had one a rifle my Dad gave me about the same time, '74 I think. I used that rifle for many years and never had one problem with it. Snow, rain, sleet, you name it, it never fogged, and never leaked. Like the fool I can be now and then, I traded the scope. Should have kept it.