New
Find
Notify
Tools

Engraver ID help......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I bought an engraved Ruger P90 off gunbroker. Very nicely engraved with large American scroll that is quality work. Engraving is signed with initial D.B. on trigger guard. This was probably done in 1990s and probably, but by no means certainly, the engraver was in the Eastern half of US. Anyone have any idea who this engraver might be?

Here's a pic where you can see the initials on trigger guard.....

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
How about Don Bell?

Biography
ex canadian Navy, Goldsmith for 30 yrs, knifemaker for 14 yrs
Interests
motorcycle,visiting other workshops
Occupation
custom design goldsmith/knifemaker

Posts: 6445 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but looking at his website, as far as I can tell, he doesn't seem to do engraving. Could be, but not very likely. I went through Fega's site and couldn't come up with any matching initials but, of course, by no means all engravers are members of Fega.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't see any FEGA members with those initials either.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 831 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote