New
Find
Notify
Tools

blueing metal
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have talked about this before BUT--- I have a custom rifle that has a fully milled SS barrel. Milled quater rib and all furnature. It is in a fine wood stock. I can not live with the SS barrel on a custom wood stock. Who does really fine blueing on a full custom SS barrel?????

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Robar offers blackening of stainless. I've never seen blackened stainless that looks as exquisite as fine blueing but it comes close.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidReed:
Robar offers blackening of stainless. I've never seen blackened stainless that looks as exquisite as fine blueing but it comes close.

I have several rifles done by Robar in their Rogard finish and I love it...but it is nowhere near the appearance of even an average blueing job, and there is no way Rogard will ever match a blued CM receiver.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LB,

I would pick up the phone and call Dave Gentry
(406) 388 - 4867 he is in Belgrade, MT.

I would discuss it with him. He did a Winchester ss for me. No mine does not look like a 400 polish rust blue, but I did not request a 400 polish. My rifle has a matte blue finish. I think it would be worth the call.

HBH

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. The lady I spoke with said he doesn't do it often but is doable. Any other options????

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote