New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle stocks & Mausers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Will a old pre 64 old stock fit a new winchester pre64 type new barreled action?Also would a markii ruger barreled action fit in a Ruger express circassian stock.
Also will a charles daly,FN Browning,and interarms,mauser 98 actions all fit the same stock?Do any of these parts inter change?I saw a nice custom stock that was built for a 98 mauser large ring and was wondering if that stock would fit other rifles?What mauser action cocks on closeing?Just trying to learn something new....

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As far as the Mausers go the I would have to say the actions are close but not exactly the same. I'm sure some fitting would be required, you'd be dealing with different barrel contours and bolt handle configurations. Don't know for sure on the others but probably the same would apply. The Mauser 98 action cocks on opening, the 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, and 96 cock on closing.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't know about the Win for sure but I would be very suprised if they were interchangeable. The Ruger big magnums are larger than the regular Mark IIs I think.

The Charles Daly and Iterarms Mark X are the same action. A good many parts will interchange with the 98.

The most obvious places where the stock will poorly fit between a 98 and one of the commercials you listed will be at the sliding safety cut and the forward most point of the triggerguard. The 98 stock won't have the cut but that won't matter as you can modify the stock for a trigger safety. The 98 stock will, however have a bit of a gap (1/8") in front of the front triggerguard screw. The 98s had extra metal there for the locking set screw. The commercials removed that metal. Thus the gap.

Best Regards,

Dan

Posts: 179 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Most of the 98 are the same as far as the action is concerned. Where I've found most of the difference is on the triggerguard and floor plate. Most of the commercials are the same. The military with the 4 screws is a little longer.

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The new Model 70 action is slightly longer than the pre-64.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the help.

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote