New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ527 make over
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone changed bolt handles or made a box instead on the clip? I am thinking of such a change and a new 20 CAL. Kreiger barrel. If you know of a link for a few pictures let me know.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested, too. This action just BEGS for a makeover. The protruding box magazine would be much nicer as a double-stack integral job, the backwards safety SCREAMS for correction, and the bulky bolt handle that gets in the way of low scope mounting desperately needs trimming. The function of the little action is great, and its single set trigger is what all triggers should wish to be.

Come to think of it, if the designers at the factory had half a clue, they could fix these things (along with the opaque stock finish they use that obscures any grain in the walnut) and make a serviceable rifle into a "must have" for most shooters.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At the rate those things are selling, CZ isn't about to change a thing.
They have a cash cow with those rifles.
I have four of them.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto, what Stonecreek (Steve) said.

I have a .22 Hornet that would love a makeover.

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
IIRC, either timan or gunmaker posted about this. The little action is so narrow that the work involde to get a staggered magazine to function was not practical. There may have been some other issues but the up-shot was that it would have been easier to build a whole new action around the bolt than modify another one.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CZ will produce the 527 with a flush magazine within a year or two; read in the latest issue of "Varmint Hunter".

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
quote:
CZ will produce the 527 with a flush magazine within a year or two

And hopefully make the 527 Varmint in .17 Rem. Fireball and in .222 Rem. with a 1-14" twist. Big Grin

I'll buy one of each.

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
I just hope a version in 6.8 SPC flavor is on the drawing board.

patriot

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of trevort
posted Hide Post
I have a 223 and bought a 222 to convert to 17fb. I cant get a synthetic stock. Apparently HS will be almost 1 year wait to get here. was referred to MPI who say they have a mini mauser inlet but not specifically for a 527.

Anyone know a quality synthetic stock supplier i could try for a drop in fit?

Posts: 5 | Location: Melbourne | Registered: 02 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tin can:
CZ will produce the 527 with a flush magazine within a year or two; read in the latest issue of "Varmint Hunter".

Somebody was telling me the other day that CZ has already come out with a flush magazine for the 527 in 223. I've been meaning to call CZ and inquire, but it slipped my mind. I have a 527 in 222 and another in 223. The same magazine should work for both.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpepper:
527 3 round mag

dj,

Thanks for the link. That confirms that CZ does have a flush magazine for the 527 in 223. The fact that it will only hold three rounds isn't damning, in my opinion anyway.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
From the picture it looks like the trigger guard is changed as well - not just the magazine. I can't find any info on CZ or CZUSA website. A three-shot clip is not a big deal in my mind either.

So I will keep my eyes peeled for a CZ 527 M1P in 223...

Posts: 109 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2004Reply With Quote