THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Who makes a 3 position safety for an M96 Swede besides Ed Lapour

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes a 3 position safety for an M96 Swede besides Ed Lapour
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
Anyone else know of a gunsmith making 3 position safeties for a Mauser 96. I have one Swede that Jim Kobe put a wing type safety on but it is 2 position ( and nice ) but I'm putting together a Husqvarna that I would like a 3 position on, Ed Lapour isn't going to produce any until Feb.
Anybody have a source?
Thanks

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
Anyone else know of a gunsmith making 3 position safeties for a Mauser 96. I have one Swede that Jim Kobe put a wing type safety on but it is 2 position ( and nice ) but I'm putting together a Husqvarna that I would like a 3 position on, Ed Lapour isn't going to produce any until Feb.
Anybody have a source?
Thanks
I did a google search and located this http://www.gentrycustom.com/threeposition.html he may be able to give you a source.try http://www.sarcoinc.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its not just the safety for the Model 96. You also have to change out the cocking piece and do a little bit of gunsmithing in order for it to work as a cock on opening unit.

An outfit by the name of Dayton Traistor used to make a kit to change a 96 from cock on closing to cock on opening, but I don't think they also made a safety to go with it.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I changed it quite awhile back to a cock on open function. I actually changed both of my Swedes to cock on opening.
Gentry just e-mailed me back and said they make a 3 position for a 96 but are also out of stock.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote