Tools

How to "Spiderweb" a synthetic stock ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
Black Synthetic Stock..Would like to do a light spiderweb of gray? How?! killpc

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've not done it but a buddy of mine bought some spray paint for that at the local home center. Came out real nice and he's not the most careful fellow.

Posts: 113 | Location: Maryland 's Eastern Shore | Registered: 03 February 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe they spray the stock with the darker gray first. Then after it drys, they stretch women's fishnet hosiery over the stock and spray with the lighter color.

Posts: 3776 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
might be showing my age but back in the day when painting motorcycles, vettes and assorted other vehicles spider webbing was done with low air pressure and slightly thicker than normal lacquer sprayed onto the surface. it was a trial and error thing on a test surface until you got the desired results.

Posts: 980 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hobby Lobby usually has webbing paint in stock. Goggle it and find what you want too. Type in webbing paint.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use an additive to my paint that makes it spider web. It's clear so can be added to any color. The more you add the stronger web you get. Can't remember the name right now as it's in the shop, but you must use a spray gun. It's not rattle can.

Posts: 1253 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Thanks GUYS! Think I will send it off! jumping

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pretty easy use a contrast base paint, then use Krylon Webbing paint which you cant find or ship to Alaska! Then I use a clear matte over it. I like to mask checkering.

kk alaska

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Yes webbing paint is available at most home improvement stores. Try it first on something else to determine how you want it to look. It's not too difficult.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2811 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
marvel comics?? Big Grin

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw a guy do a good job by running sewing thread through the paint and letting it coil on the stock and pressing down with paper towel. Factories use the spider spray stuff.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1182 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Gray.....the color of webbing he wants, is not available in a rattle can

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote