New
Find
Notify
Tools

M1999 Short Action = CZ Model 3
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
An interesting item turned up in the CZ booth at the shot show. CZ has introduced a short-action M1999-based rifle chambered in WSM cartridges.

How about that!

CZ Model 3

Posts: 106 | Location: Star Meadow, Montana | Registered: 12 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rod-

Seems like you made a "veiled" mention of something big at Montana Rifleman some months ago. Seems like this is it; would you not agree?

Did you see any prototype PH actions at the Shot Show from MRC?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
We saw that, no wonder CZ isn't making a lefty, they can't get actions either.

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CZ's website shows the M3 as available in left hand. (well...probably "soon"). I expect our LH Serengeti shorts mid-march and the longs 60-90 after that.

I did see a "partially" machined PH casting in the MRC booth. I personally helped them start the process on their Pattern Master prototyping system. However, I had a full plate this winter, so can't say what or where they went after starting the wax build.

Posts: 106 | Location: Star Meadow, Montana | Registered: 12 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Rod

Do you know where the barrel comes from?

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Same place the action does. A hand-lapped precision barrel on a factory rifle....imagine that!