THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Would there be interest in a custom firearms Calendar?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would there be interest in a custom firearms Calendar?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey, seeing Bill's picture of his latest project, some of Roger's pictures of engraving, and the Ultimate Enfield by Thom. Burgess got me thinking....

do you all think that people would be interested in a real nice custom gun calendar? I am thinking on the lines of Wings (big size, suitable for framing). Not expensive ones or anything, just enough to break even and maybe some extra to throw at ACGG or NRA etc.

What about two, one just guns and another of real hot women holding the guns (tasteful of course). The only problem I see with that is that if most guys with these fine pieces are like me they won't even let a hot NAKED woman hold their favorite guns :-)

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd buy one, and I'd pay extra if a Hot Naked woman delivered it. Heck, I'd even let her hold my gun! [Wink] - Sheister

Posts: 385 | Location: Hillsboro, Oregon | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
I'm with Sheister.....I even have a few photos to add free.....

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
I'd definately go for that.

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
I would buy several.....you can count me in.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Red, Sinclair international started a calendar a few years ago and it features rifles. They are not all wood stocked customs (4 are though) and in fact the title of the calendar is "Then and Now". It also has some old trap door springfields, sharps, Colt Lightning and some high tech ones. My 7X57 Yugoslav 98 is Miss September and I am getting a page or possibly two in the 2005 calendar also. I will have some at my table in Reno for sale. As far as a hot naked lady for Sheister, I am staying away from that one. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hate it when somebody beats me to it. Well, maybe I will see it and there will be improvements I think I can make.

Chic will you set one aside for me? I'll be the big redhead :-) (not big in tall, only 6', but carrying 250 around!).

I'll mull over the idea and see what I can do to make a unique calendar.

Red

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dillon Precision has a real calendar featuring some really great models with all sorts of cool firearms. You can order one from thier website.

One of my favorites from several years ago was a cute little brunette dolled up in cocktail dress. She was cutting loose with a 20MM Vulcan Cannon. Nice. [Big Grin]

Posts: 345 | Location: Dauphin Island, Alabama, USA | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Red
I wouldn't give up on the idea. I don't think anyone is producing a calender with custom rifles of the type you are talking about. Sinclair comes as close as anyone, but most are benchrest type rifles with some sporters mixed in.

The problem you will have is with the photography itself as the pro photographers always want their pound of flesh. That is why I quit having pro photos made. I would spend between $400-1500 for the photography and the only thing I owned was the prints, and they were protected by copywrite to the photographer.

About the only way around it is to become a photographer yourself. But, Gad that is another profession to learn.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I might have a solution to that too. My best friend took photography all the way from jun9ior high up through college, and although you don't see him with a camera much anymore, he knows what he is doing. combine that with my old Pentax (it was my fathers) with the half dozen diferent lenses and such, I might be able to do a fair job. I am going to call a local printing place and see what I am looking at for production. I do like the idea.

Oh, I hope this isn't "sensitive information" that should be hush hush, but one mister Thos. Burgess the famed metalmaster is a very fine photographer himself! His work with lighting is great.

By the way, made a mistake earlier, I said wings calendar, I meant Ghosts. Anybody hear into warbirds knows what I am talking about. (my father was a private pilot, had about 8 planes over the years, and always had a Ghosts Calendar on the wall).

Red

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Red

I am almost positive that you would need a larger format camera than a 35mm. The 35's don't have enough depth of field.

Some are using 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 cameras, but I think most are using 4 x 5's.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My new toy. Now all I need to do is learn to use it. I have 18 film holders, 2 lenses and no skill. I will hire out to weddings, family gatherings and sex parties (free for those, I will bring the cake, lol).

-

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Chic,

You are all set and ready to go. Go luck with the new career. LoL.

What is the make of your camera?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roger, it is a Cambo. Oh Yaaaah, I tink it is made in Sveden. (as good an accent as I can type)

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chic I swear you have more odd toys than anyone I ever saw.

Jeff

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote