New
Find
Notify
Tools

ADL to BDL conversion ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Remington 700 ADL magnum long action that I want to convert to a BDL. I need the trigger gaurd, hinged floorplate, and magazine parts for the conversion in matte black as the action is Remington matte black. Where can I get these parts or anyone got some take off parts around for sale ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can order the parts directly from Remington but the guards are aluminum, if that matters to you.

If it does, then order the mag parts from Remington and buy an aftermarket steel guard from Williams, Sunny Hill, Badger, etc.

Brownells will have everything you need.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
You can also get these parts as a kit from Brownell's. You will probably need to have some long shanked 1/4 X 28 TPI screws to use as guides when you go to cut out the stock to accept the new floorplate. Just buy some 3" to 4" 1/4" X 28 TPI screws and grind/cut the heads off. I think you can get these from ACE Hardware. Tape the barreled action in the stock and screw the guide screws into the action, slide the floorplate/triggerguard down on the screws and scribe a light line around the floorplate/triggerguard where it meets the stock making sure you angle the scribe line slightly inwards so that you don't make the cutout too big. Start cutting, a mill works best for this but you can use a dremel tool and a carbide burr. Just be very careful. Usually, once your through the surface material, you can use VERY sharp wood chisels. Bye the way, it's best to have the action glassed before you do this to keep the receiver from shifting in the stock when you inlet the floorplate/triggerguard. You will probably have to alter the heighth of the magazine box after this is done. Cabela's used to list a Remington synthetic BDL stock for about $85.00.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replys. The action will be fully trued and blueprinted, rebarreled with a stainless steel match grade barrel, then bedded into a McMillan or H-S Precision stock. The el-cheapo Remington synthetic stock has got to go!
I just think I would like to convert it to a BDL style so I can unload unfired rounds with the hinged floorplate vs the ADL style where I have to cycle them through the action.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to check Ebay. I am amazed at the stuff I find there

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote