Find
Notify
Tools

Converting a Rem M700 223 to magazine
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
What's the options? are they all AI compatible.

I have an xlr on the 243, same mag as a 308. What's the options for a wood stock in 223?

Posts: 6484 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
huh?

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Remington XLR is a hair removal device. Are you sure you have your terms right? Sell the .243 and buy a .223 configured as you want it. You will save hundreds of $'s with no frustrations.

Posts: 3780 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Looking for bottom metal and mag. for a wood stock M700 in 223.

Stocky has the M5, any other worth looking at???

Posts: 6484 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CDI is probably a better choice. Most, if not all, bottom metal that uses detatchable mags will require inletting. I wouldn't expect "drop-in".

Posts: 714 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Badger DBM I'd make you a deal on. Not sure what it would take to put in wood though.

Posts: 956 | Location: PNW | Registered: 27 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
There are about 10 AICS magazine bottom metal dudes now.

All are fine.

Badger, Surgeon and Manners are the best.

I'd personally just buy a X-ray chassis stock from KRG and forget about dealing with inletting a fiberglass stock to fit a AICS bottom metal.

They are $600.

Most good AICS systems are $250-350.

You are half way there.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RyanB:
I have a Badger DBM I'd make you a deal on. Not sure what it would take to put in wood though.
The Bader and the CDI use the same inlet. The CDI is $100+ lower in price than the Badger, and having them side by side NO difference in appearance or quality can be detected.

Posts: 714 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With Quote