Find
Notify
Tools

Parts for 788 remington
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of mdvjrp93
posted
I need the safety and a pivot pin for a Remington 6mm 788. Does anyone know where I might be able to find them.

1 shot 1 thrill

Posts: 340 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 14 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
If Numrich doesn't have them, I don't know.

Posts: 17278 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
I did warranty for Remington for about 15 years and even with proof house status, able to buy bolt bodies and barreled action bodies. The only fire control parts they would sell me outside of the complete fire control units was the two retaining pins and the slave pins. The odds of finding trigger parts is slim to none. Best bet is the Timney replacement. The Timney is a much better trigger anyway and it's fully adjustable.

http://www.timneytriggers.com/...acement-trigger.aspx

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Numrich is sold out.

Posts: 17278 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Complete Original triggers come up for sale on EBay every so often. Canjar triggers came with out the safety lever and you had to transfer the old one over. The Timney comes with everything ready to go.

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Timney triggers run about $140 for the 788 but are a big improvement.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Jim Wisner made a lot of parts for the 788, including complete bolts but unfortunately he doesn't carry all of those parts now.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mdvjrp93
posted Hide Post
Yeah I have checked numrich, brownell, bob's and ahlmans and still nothing.

1 shot 1 thrill

Posts: 340 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 14 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Jack First:

Jack First Gunshop

Jon Larsson - Hunter - Shooter - Reloader - Mostly in that order...Wink

Posts: 682 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mdvjrp93
posted Hide Post
now I know why some one wished me luck and laughed. thanks JLarson I tried they said they have not been made in a while. I already knew that I guess I'll have to do the ebay thing.

1 shot 1 thrill

One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
You're in luck. I looked at EBay and found a couple of 788 safety kits. They come with a couple extra parts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reming...3:g:1l8AAOSwaA5Wlx04

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reming...a:g:V1QAAOSwJkJWlvjo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reming...a:g:5l8AAOSwYIhWjZl8

I'd buy a Timney myself.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mdvjrp93
posted Hide Post
Thanks I'm trying to keep it original it belonged to my grandfather I still have his weaver widefield 6X scope for it. I like your choice of rounds that is my next addition to my collection.

1 shot 1 thrill