New
Find
Notify
Tools

difference between cutting oil etc.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
When using muzzle cutter, calls for using high quality cutting oil. Just curious as to what are the properties of cutting oil that makes it different from other weapons oil. Thanks for any input.

Posts: 176 | Location: the rock | Registered: 18 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Sulpher. I also LOVE Tap Magic! A lot depends on the properites of the steel you are cutting too.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
<dfaugh>
posted
While tapping/cutting oil does has some special properties, I use good old WD-40 (mostly 'cause I ALWAYS have some on hand.) for most things, especially muzzly crowning. ahven't seen that it works all that much different.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Had bore chamfered on CZ .233, then lapped. Made a firm believer out of me. Its was my fathers gun, and he had a load worked for it that was pretty good but factory loads were nothing to brag about. Now, after doing the chamfering, the factory loads all shoot better than before. It is quite a sight to see the before and after targets.

[ 07-07-2003, 19:42: Message edited by: redsplatter ]

Posts: 176 | Location: the rock | Registered: 18 May 2003Reply With Quote