New
Find
Notify
Tools

Williams Firearms floorplate
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does Williams make a replacement steel floorplate for Remington 700 BDL long actions.. Brownells does not list them ??
Thanks,
Pat

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Yes they make one for your rifle. You may have to order it dierctly from them.

Williams firearms

I have one on a short action BDL custom. It's a nice upgrade over the factory trigger guard.

Terry
 -

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Man that is a nice hunk of metal!!

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
Terry,
What type of finish did you use on that bottom metal? Looks like you greyed it, but it's hard to tell. Maybe just the picture.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggerguard1:
Terry,
What type of finish did you use on that bottom metal? Looks like you greyed it, but it's hard to tell. Maybe just the picture.

It's just the way the sun is hitting it. It's just a very highy polished blue. It's not the best finish for hunting , but it's awful purdy [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Terry. That really dresses up a M700..
Did you blue it or did it come that way. I see that Brownells offers them either way, but only in short action..
Pat

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I got it "in the white" and got all the pieces blued at the same time.

Terry

one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt,

Is there any possibility of manufacturing bottom metal for the Mauser 98?

I'm sure you've discussed it, just wondering if the market would support the development efforts.

Thanks,

DanM

Posts: 179 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanM:
Matt,

Is there any possibility of manufacturing bottom metal for the Mauser 98?

I'm sure you've discussed it, just wondering if the market would support the development efforts.

Thanks,

DanM

We will most likely be making bottom metal for the Mauser in the future, but with our heavy workload that we are beginning to undertake with USRAC, and the development of our actions, it will be quite a ways down the road I'm afraid.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt-

At this point are you comfortable enought to give us an update as to the development and production of your actions?

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30 Caliber Mag Fan:
Matt-

At this point are you comfortable enought to give us an update as to the development and production of your actions?

We felt that we would have indeed been already into production on these receivers, but our sources for turning and wire edm work fell through. Some because of price, others because of quality issues. None of which were acceptable.
At this point we have decided to capitalize on the equipment ourselves, and produce all of the action components on our own machinery. This of course will take some time, as well as added money to get into production, but it's the only way that we would feel comfortable in providing a quality product.
Our largest, and longest standing customer, USRAC has placed some heavy demands on us for next several months on new and existing products. We have no choice but to focus our effort in that direction for the next several months. Once we begin to surpass their production requirements, all attention will be devoted to bringing out our action line. By using this method, we will obviously be longer in bringing the action to market, but the subsequent action designs will be appearing much faster than expected before.

Our first receiver will be for the short-action cartridges, such as the 308, 243, etc. At the same time we will be offering the same length action, built from the ground up, to support the WSM cartridges. These will be machined for those cartridges in the feed lip area, as well as a machined follower, engineered to feed flawlessly with those cartridges.

After this intial action introduction, we will be offering a Magnum, Long, and Ultra-Short action, in that order, all in the flat-bottomed, controlled round fed design.

Our other line of actions will be similiar to the Remington 700 receivers, with one-piece bottom metal, custom triggers, and three-position safeties. These will come in three different action lengths, short, long, and ultra-short. Dealer pricing will be between $425.00-475.00 in chromoly. These receivers will be appearing at near or the same time of the other receivers. These will be offered in steel, stainless, right or left hand. These will be sold as a preblueprinted action. Final headspacing at the time of barreling will be the only modification necessary.

To begin with, both action designs will only be available as actions alone. We intend to persue selling the barreled actions shortly after their initial introduction. After much consideration both from our customers of long standing, as well as members of this forum, we will most likely be looking to Lothar Walther for our barrels to accomodate these actions. More than one of the many experts among this forum, as well as some of my best customers hold their barrel quality in the highest regard.

Thanks to all of you that have supported this project with us for so long, and have been extremely patient. We will do our best to make sure that your wait was worth your while.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt ur making us drool. Hmmmm do I see some new Mazak machines in your future?

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smallfry:
Matt ur making us drool. Hmmmm do I see some new Mazak machines in your future?

Most certainly a Mazak lathe. For prototyping we may very well get a Mazak mill. For a wire EDM, the only choice is Fanuc. New developments in the wire EDM technologies may very well allow us to drop our prices even lower on the controlled round fed actions.