New
Find
Notify
Tools

.222 magnum to .223 conversion
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Could you set the barrel back on a .222 magnum one turn and rehmber to .223 or is this a rebarrel only proposition?

Migra

Posts: 137 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Please tell me you're not considering butchering a RARE factory .222 Magnum! If so, think again. Someone will buy it from you for more than it costs to replace it with a really nice (and pedestrian) .223.

Tell us what kind of rifle it is and someone can tell you more about the advisability of rechambering versus selling and purchasing another gun.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 05 March 2008 00:24
Could you set the barrel back on a .222 magnum one turn and rehmber to .223 or is this a rebarrel only proposition?

auuuuuuuuuuuuuugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbdown thumbdown thumbdown

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, you can have it set back and rechambered.

It will probably cost $150 to convert your $500 rifle to a $300 rifle.

Bruce

Posts: 217 | Location: SW WA | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Point taken. A customer was inquiring about because of the availability of .223 and the lack thereof and cost of .222 magnum ammo. I suggested he take up reloading and he's considering the possibility. Sounds like either way i should try to talk him out of the job.

Migra

Posts: 137 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With Quote