New
Find
Notify
Tools

1909 Argentine Floor Plate release
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm in need of the spring in the Floor Plate Release of the 1909 Argentine Trigger Guard. Would a spring from a 98 Mauser blot lock on the bolt shroud work. Just like to know before I go buying.
Thanks for the help,
Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A good hardware store will have a spring assortment that will more than likely have one that will work. That's where I got the last couple I needed. Cut to length and you should be good to go.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
True, any spring that will fit into the recess will work as long as it is as strong as you like it to be.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank You.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by manhasset:
I'm in need of the spring in the Floor Plate Release of the 1909 Argentine Trigger Guard. Would a spring from a 98 Mauser blot lock on the bolt shroud work. Just like to know before I go buying.
Thanks for the help,
Bob

That won't work the way it is, it is too large diameter-wise. You could drill out the recess in the trigger guard to make it fit. Those springs are fairly stiff and the hardware store variety has to be pretty stout.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Hole is .212 ID. Spring I just measured is .195. I wouldn't drill it out; find a spring.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
A retractable ball point pen spring cut to length might work. Not strong enough to keep the bottom door closed under recoil? Use it as a pattern for a heavier one at the hardware store.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5182 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote