New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bolt handle options
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need to replace the bolt handles on 2 rifles and I want them to be nice. I will have to weld them on. I have seen the checkerd one that Brownells sells and it looks nice.

Can any of you fine gunmakers advise me on other bolt handle options and places to get them?

Please post a pic of the Brownell one if you can and pictures of any other bolt handles to give me ideas.

I want to make these rifles very nice looking.

Thanks very much for your help
Steve

Posts: 344 | Location: Elkin North Carolina USA | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tom Burgess makes real nice ones that are specifically proportioned (it leaves progressively smaller pyramids on the way to the shank) a.ka.a Mauser Oberndorf. I think you can get Tom's in any one of 6 different sizes

Half Moon Rifle Shop (Jim Baiar) sells a somewhat similar one, and he offers his in two or three different sizes.

The welding on part of it is only the half of it. The shaping and cleaning up are just as important.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had real good luck using Jerome Glimm (406) 278-3574 engraved bolt handles. I beleive he engraves Tally bolts. Had a few put on Pre-64 actions but had Jim Dubell put them on straight because these rifles were all 375 and larger..looks nice. John

Posts: 482 | Location: Northern Az | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With Quote