New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser Question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I ran across a Mauser with the military barrel on it. It has been sporterized and the stock was done well and a cheapy scope is mounted in weaver bases. The owner of the pawn shop will let me have it for 110.00. I could not see what model it was. Bolt handle had been bent and I believe it was 32cal. The problem with it was someone drilled about 6 or 7 holes 3/16 approx in the reciever between the bolt notch and ejection port. I would have jumped on the gun If the holes would not have been there. Is this worth fixing. The action is going to need some major TLC. It is smooth and very tight though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might make a nice parts gun for about 25 bucks. IMO, thats about all it's worth.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
as I undersdtand you the holes are in the rear ring and not in the foreward ring that is 1.41" in diameter. If this is true the holes can be first plugged and then tigged shut. A little filing will make it look as good as new.

I wouldn't get excited however unless it's a '98 mauser and has several modifications already done such as drill and tap, safety altered, bolt handle altered etc. You can get a new VZ24 for the same money.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

You can get a new VZ24 for the same money.

New? Where?

Posts: 1680 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote