THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Winchester M70 Long Action Bottom Metal, one piece

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester M70 Long Action Bottom Metal, one piece
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
DCPD needs the Bottom Metal to convert a rifle for me. I chose Aluminium for lighter weight and he ordered from Pacific Tool & Gauge who are now onto manufacturing orders from March and we don't know when they will get to Tom's July order. Apparently finding machinists to do the work is difficult.

So, I am appealing to anyone who might have unused Bottom Metal they are willing to sell. I prefer aluminium with a floorplate release either internal or external to the trigger bow.
Alternatively if you can suggest anywhere else to enquire about this component it would be greatly appreciated.
I will put this in the Classifieds forum as well.
Thankyou

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2082 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Extended bottom metal that PTG makes is what we need.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this for post or pre 64? I have some parts and pieces in the "bone yard" but no aluminum

Posts: 3609 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes, current one. He wants aluminum, one piece, extended. PTG makes them and our order was in in July. They are saying that they are just starting to machine parts orders from March; can't get trained machinists to work. I hear that from all businesses.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tex84,
Many thanks for the heads up Sir.
I think it would work but on consideration have decided to wait for the PTG made all aluminium version. Waiting is a pain but the weight saving is worthwhile.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2082 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote