THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Evolution Rifles - anyone use them or heard of them?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Evolution Rifles - anyone use them or heard of them?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
New to me, maybe I am just out of touch, what can you tell me about Edd Wolsom's company, Evolution Rifles USA? Gimmick, the real deal, who are and have you seen their guns?
Thanks

Posts: 10379 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They have been around for a while. Edd and his wife have hunted the world over. I have visited with them at DSCI the last 2 years. They share a booth with Barnes Bullets and he has written several hunting articals in Precision Shooting Mag. That is the sum of my knowledge.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I bought a scoped Chapuis from them a couple of years ago. Nice people I thought to do business with.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Real deal. I hunted out of Grangville, ID area a few years ago and the outfitter and guide spoke very highly of them. The guide had one of their rifles and it was very nice and very accurate.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
They have been around for a while. Edd and his wife have hunted the world over. I have visited with them at DSCI the last 2 years. They share a booth with Barnes Bullets and he has written several hunting articals in Precision Shooting Mag. That is the sum of my knowledge.
Butch

Butch,

Doesn't he use the "handle" Pungubwe as his pen name in PS Magazine?
I didn't know he was in the rifle making business.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
After reading a highly complimentary article about one of their ARs in, IRRC, Varmint Hunter magazine, I ordered one from them (actually I think I provided the action, been about 10 years). They did what they said they'd do in a timely manner. Rifle performs well, but I haven't used it all that much. I don't even know if they're still doing ARs.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
You have a PM, dogcat.

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don you are correct.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote