New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Conetrol Ring Stud Dimensions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have the Conetrol projectionless rings mounted on my pre-64 Winchester (Std Length Action 30-06) with a Conetrol one piece base.
I currently have a Leupold 1-5 scope and was preparing to change scope to a 1.75 X 6, but see that the space between the new scope's bells is less that the Conetrol base will allow.
Instead of buying a set of split bases, which I am not sure will allow mounting the new scope anyway, I am thinking of just boring a new hole to the rear of the forward ring stud hole.
Before I go through all that and disassemble the scope, I would like to correlate some measurements and make sure a new stud hole will not cut into the screw that holds the base to the receiver.
Anyone have Conetrol Ring Stud dimensions?
Any help would be appreciated.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My cheap Chinese caliper says the hole in the base is .440 x .235 deep and the stud on the ring is .208 long. Is what what you were looking for?
Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
The 0.440 diameter is what I need.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote