New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunsmith for Winchester 1892 clone?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The only gunsmith who specializes in Rossi/Puma 92 lever rifles I'm aware of is Steve Young. He is booked far into the future. I have a Rossi/Puma 92 on which I need substantial work done. Please identify gunsmiths whom you trust to do good action AND stock work on the rifle.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1513 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I can't find the name of who worked on my Rossi. You might try on one of the Cowboy action sites or organizations.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
I can't be of any help to you outside of: We have some guys that up here that work on Rossis and Chiappas. A lot of these firearms that have been worked on by these people end up being brought to me because they get fixed two or three times and the owners get sick the never ending battle and begin to think that maybe the next guy can fix it where the first clown failed. They soon find out that I flatly refuse to work on them. Not because I think they are poorly made firearms. I actually do work on guns which I consider to be a hell of a lot junkier. The difference is that I can get parts for most of the American made junk without any trouble. There are simply no parts distributors for the Rossis and Chiappas here in Canada. I also don't work on Sakos and Tikkas for the same reason. Welding up and bending this and tweaking that does work lots of times. But it's seldom a good replacement for properly fitted new parts. Smoothing up guns is even worse at times because if you happen to over fit a part (it often happens) you want a ready supply of replacements. Make certain they guy who does the work has a ready supply of new parts on hand or you might find yourself waiting decades waiting on parts or get back a gun with a bunch of welded and tweaked parts that may or may not last a week.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out Johnny Meadows in Camp Verde, AZ.

Posts: 665 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sagebrush Burns:
Check out Johnny Meadows in Camp Verde, AZ.

excellent suggestion!

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote