Find
Notify
Tools

1910 Mexican action
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
I have come into possession of a completely bubba'd 1910 Mexican mauser. The only thing left intact is the action. I know it's a small ring action with a 98-ish bolt. The action has no pitting and seems to function smoothly.

Is this action worth the effort of making any kind of sporter out of in one of the mid-sized mild cartridges?

Does this action share the dimensions of any Mauser, ( Should I want to buy a pre-inletted stock for it)?

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they make an outstanding 7 x 57 action.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Norman:
I have come into possession of a completely bubba'd 1910 Mexican mauser. The only thing left intact is the action. I know it's a small ring action with a 98-ish bolt. The action has no pitting and seems to function smoothly.

Is this action worth the effort of making any kind of sporter out of in one of the mid-sized mild cartridges?

Does this action share the dimensions of any Mauser, ( Should I want to buy a pre-inletted stock for it)?

Any & all of the 57mm cartridges and the 6.5x55 Swede and their Ackley Improved cousins! This is one beautiful action and makes into an outstanding sporter. You can obtain pre-inletted stocks from Great American Gunstocks and one or two others. Cartridges include the .244 Rem, .257 Roberts, 6.5x55 Swede, 6.5x257 Roberts, 7x57 Mauser, 8x57 Mauser, 9x57 Mauser, 9.3mmx57 Mauser, and probably some more that I can't think of right now.

Ol' John

Posts: 22 | Location: Llano County, Texas | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
The 1910 Mexican is a true M98 and worthy. The only thing that would bother me is what's already been to it by the last smith.

If Jeffeosso doesn't respond, send him a PM. He's done a lot of different cartridges on the same action.

I went the easy route and did a 7X57 on mine. When it's finished it'll be the nicest rifle I own.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote