New
Find
Notify
Tools

MAUSER 24-47 WORTH
 Login/Join

posted
Hey Folks,
Is a 24-47 with matching serial numbers worth 150.00? Like to build me a 6.5-06 or a 22-250 ack inp. Thanks for your input
Danny

Posts: 23 | Location: Lakewood, Colorado | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What condition is it in?

one of us
Picture of South40
posted Hide Post
Magazine length on a 24/47 or M48 is 3.24" which will probably be a tight fit for anything based on the '06 case.

S40

Youth and vitality are wasted on the young.

Posts: 442 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 28 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The dude at the store said it was pretty nice. I guess thats in the eyes of the beholder. Just looking for an opinion before i drive up there
Thanks

Posts: 23 | Location: Lakewood, Colorado | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check here www.southernohiogun.com/surplusrifles.html and here www.samcoglobal.com/rifles.html. to compare prices. By the time you pay a dealer to transfer one mail order with shipping, $150 doesn't sound out of line . Plus you get to see it first hand before you buy. These are intermediate length actions. I'd recommend something on the 57mm case or shorter. Like a 6.5X57, 6.5X55 etc. 22-250 AI would probably work fine as well.
The action is plenty strong, just a little short for '06 length rounds without major work.

Posts: 220 | Location: SW Missouri USA | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
In addition to what others have said....if you are looking to take it apart for the action there is little need for matching numbers and even less to pay the extra cash for it. Look around for good ole vz-24 for about $80 and your good to go.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote