New
Find
Notify
Tools

California Gunsmiths?
 Login/Join

<MOA>
posted
I have several rifles that need to be bedded but don't want to send them across the US to get the job done. Does anyone know of a COMPETENT gunsmith in the California (preferable So. Ca) area who would be up to the job?

<Mike Dettorre>
posted
What part of So Cal are you in?

Bolsa Gunsmithing has been around for years

Kings Gun Works in Glaendale has been there awhile

<MOA>
posted
I live in Santa Barabra but work in LA county.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MOA:
I live in Santa Barabra but work in LA county.

In Riverside there is a gunsmith in Jurupa Avenue, CJ or C&J or some damn thing. He makes 3/8" rifles for the cops, among others.

Tom

Posts: 14631 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In Oxnard you might try the Sportsman's Exchange on "C" st. Tony has been in business since I was in High School and was one of the best smiths around. He has to be way up in age and I know his health was failing for awhile but I hear he is still there and last year when I went by to visit he was full of sass and vinegar.
Good luck,
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Mike Dettorre>
posted
Are you in a hurry? There is an excellent one in Walnut Creek, CA.

Sierra Gunsmith Services - Jim Gaston. SHipping wouldn't be too expensive.

He turned a Ruger 77 of mine into an honest sub 2/3 inch gun by bedding the action and apllying forend pressure.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fred at Bolsa has been around for 25+ years and does a great job on bedding rifles. He is in Westminster which is the Goldenwest Avenue exit off of the 405 freeway. It may be a few minute south of where you work, but worth the drive if you want it done correctly.

Bolsa Gunsmithing
7404 Bolsa Ave
Westminster, CA 92683

Phone: (714) 894-9100

Mention my name, Tim Helgeson, and he will be sure to charge you double and take twice as long. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote