THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

98 Mauser actions available from Recknagel?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just skimmed through Recknagel's catalogue (downloaded from their website) and it apeers that they offer newly made standard and magnum length mauser actions. The catalogue is in the German language, which I do not read, but they seem to be very nice. No prices listed. I bet they are the same Prechtl actions used on the new Mauser brand rifles coming out of Germany that run $10K and more. Reimer Johannsen may have used these actions as well, but I am not sure. New England Custom Gun quoted me $4500.00 for a Prechtl action several years ago, but I did not know who they were getting them from. Are the Prechtl actions on parr with Granite Mountain or Stuart Satterlee? Just wondering. Anyway, if anyone else has any other info about these actions (i.e. who they are actually made by, who can import them, and for what price) please chime in.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3291 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote