THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    And the award for Excellence in Checkering goes to...

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And the award for Excellence in Checkering goes to...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted
Bill Soverns!!

A few months ago I attempted to checker a stock. And you guessed it I FUBARED it beyond belief! I sent a picture to Bill with one question, can you fix this? He said he could, and boy did he! There is absolutely NO evidence that I tried anything.

I know this thread is useless without pictures but I don't have any before pictures. (I deleted them in disgust and shame) I am going to do a full post on the entire rifle in a few days and you all can see it then, but I wanted to put in a word for Bill.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's good to hear.
I have a CZ 527 Prestige Model in 223 than I bought. It's the one with the good wood, and mine has oustanding figure. The only issue is the checkering is bad.
Sounds like a call to Bill is in order.
Thanks for the lead..

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
please leave bill alone. he has two of mine out there for checkering.

really he does fine work and is a nice guy.

Posts: 981 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:

DITTO THAT! Bill has a stock for my 9.3x62 also.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
quote:

DITTO THAT! Bill has a stock for my 9.3x62 also.

Get in line, boys, because he is working on a full stock for my son now too.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote