THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Distance between "inside" mount screws Mod 70 Post 64 H&H length

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Distance between "inside" mount screws Mod 70 Post 64 H&H length
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have exhausted my resources for finding a Picatinny/Weaver style rail mount for my rifle.

I have searched the following to no avail:
Weaver, Leupold, Millett, Warne, Falcon Industries, Leapers, Yankee Hill Machine, NightForce, Weigand, and EGW.

I am providing the dimensions to a mount maker for a custom mount and I need the distance from the rear hole on the front receiver ring to the front hole on the rear ring for a Controlled-round feed Win Model 70 H&H magnum length action. I recently purchased a picatinny rail from EGW and the hole spacing is incorrect. Only the screw holes on the front ring line up. The rear are close but no C-gar. Jim has asked me to provide him with the distance between the inside screws.

Unless someone knows of another mfg of Pic rails for my action.

Thanks

Andy

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not measure it yourself? Put a screw in the rear front and in the front rear holes, use a dial caliper and measure the distance between the two and subtract the diameter of the screw from that.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim,

I am more than a little embarrassed to admit I have managed to misplace my calipers, otherwise I would have done it myself already.

Andy

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contacting Browning/Winchester was of no help either. The technician I spoke with claimed they did not have any information pertaining to such data as my rifle is too old. I purchased this rifle new in 1998-1999.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
Andy,

Why not PM Michael McCourry (Michael458) and ask him to check a couple of his M70 long actions for you...he has a bunch of them.

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by capoward:
Andy,

Why not PM Michael McCourry (Michael458) and ask him to check a couple of his M70 long actions for you...he has a bunch of them.

Funny you should mention that.......I did right after my original post. Somehow I knew in the back of my mind the kind of responses I would get by asking for help here. Michael was most helpful!

Thank you Michael McCourry!

Andy

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andy,
I just measured my Model 70, it's the same year of manufacture as yours, the hole spacing is 4.325" c/c.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Posts: 683 | Location: N E Victoria, Australia. | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
416RigbyHunter

Thank you very Much!

Andy

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member