New
Find
Notify
Tools

need L461 follower spring help
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I think my magazine follower spring is weak. When I put more than one round in the mag the bolt wont pick up the next round. I've tried bending the spring in differnt ways and that either makes the rounds noses point downward or the base of the round points downward, depending on how it's bent.

She's chambered in 17machIV but did the same thing when she was a 222.

Can I get a replacement spring, if so where? Or will I need to make my own, if so where do I get the flat spring material? I can't seem to find it in Brownell's #54.

Chris

Posts: 200 | Location: Belle Plaine, IA USA | Registered: 09 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would suggest contacting JB at Accuflite Arms located in Export, PA for this part. He's a dealer for Sako and stocks parts and he should be able to get you one. Good luck.

Posts: 104 | Location: Western Canada | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I tried JB at Accuflite and no go. I'm guessing I'll not find one, so I guess we'll have to fabricate. Can someone here make one for me for a fee?

Chris

Posts: 200 | Location: Belle Plaine, IA USA | Registered: 09 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Western Gun Parts in Can. I got a some parts for my L491 from them. You will have to do a search for them I can't find their www. Or Their is a guy in KS that addvertises in Gunlist under sako that sells sako parts I think it is Whitewater Supply.
Thom

[ 01-20-2003, 19:41: Message edited by: ThSimpson ]

Posts: 52 | Location: TX | Registered: 10 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim Lutes is located in Whitewater, Kansas. He keeps a big supply of Sako parts.

The Browning Safari in .222 and .222 Magnum used the Sako action. I once obtained a Sako follower from Browning, so you might try them also.

[ 01-20-2003, 20:06: Message edited by: Stonecreek ]

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with Jim Lutes and he has a bunch in stock. Thanks for the help.

Chris

one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad you found it. You can buy me a Dr. Pepper next time I'm in Iowa.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote