Find
Notify
Tools

Steel Weaver Type Bases??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Dear All,

I need a pair of two-piece, steel, Weaver type bases for a M700 short action. Which ones to buy, and where to get at the most reasonable price??

I also need to get a pair of Burris Signature Z-Rings to go with the bases - if that makes any difference to shop options?? Normally, I would have shopped at Midsouth, but the total probably won't be over $50, and I don't know about the Weaver steel bases??

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mho:
Dear All,

I need a pair of two-piece, steel, Weaver type bases for a M700 short action. Which ones to buy, and where to get at the most reasonable price??

I also need to get a pair of Burris Signature Z-Rings to go with the bases - if that makes any difference to shop options?? Normally, I would have shopped at Midsouth, but the total probably won't be over $50, and I don't know about the Weaver steel bases??

- mike

Try GRAF'S!

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Grafs sound like at excellent idea. They are a tad more expensive than Midsouth, but they don't charge postage.

Weaver Grand Slam bases seem to be made of steel, as do Leupold QRW. Any preferences??

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You need a 35 and a 36.
Or a 97 if you decide to go one-piece.

I should have in stock both the bases and Burris rings.

Depending on weight, shipping to Switzerland should be $9.00

-Spencer

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
MHO,
you have an email

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote