Find
Notify
Tools

DST for Ruger No. 1?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted
I have heard that it is possible to have a double-set trigger installed on a Ruger No. 1. In examining the lever/trigger guard assembly on the No. 1, I regarded the space in that mechanism to be too limited for this, and thought it only possible to use a single-set like the Canjar on the No. 1.

Anyone know of such a modification for the No. 1 or anyone who does this?

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I have never seen a double but that means nothing. Wink Kepplinger also make a single set for the #1

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Deguello:
I have heard that it is possible to have a double-set trigger installed on a Ruger No. 1. In examining the lever/trigger guard assembly on the No. 1, I regarded the space in that mechanism to be too limited for this, and thought it only possible to use a single-set like the Canjar on the No. 1.

Don't know about a double set for the #1, but I have a Kepplinger single set on one of my #1's, it is one very nice trigger!

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
quote:
Originally posted by El Deguello:

Don't know about a double set for the #1, but I have a Kepplinger single set on one of my #1's, it is one very nice trigger!

I have a Canjar on one of mine, but that Kepplinger one you have looks nicer! I don't trust myself to set a SST on cold or wet days-afraid my finger might slip before it engages, which would give an "early discharge".

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ED,

The really nice feature about the Kepp trigger is the adjustment. I've got mine @ 2.5 lbs unset, and @ 6 oz set. The trigger is pushed forward for the set so you can use it in the unset mode all day long if you want. They aren't cheap, but IMO they are really worth it on a #1>

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
craigster - thanks! Those Kepplingers do look like nice triggers.