New
Find
Notify
Tools

Impulse buy, needs re-barrel
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I bought a Rem. mod 700 in 7mm RUM on an impulse. Big error. Have no use for the caliber. Shoots MOA, but it's not what I need, or have any use for. Does anyone know of a 'smith in the NY area that can re-barrel to .300 RUM? I would rather not ship the piece, but would rather hand carry it to the 'smith. Don't want anything too expensive, a standard Remington barrel is all I want.
By the way, Remington refused to do the barrel change. Great customer service.

Posts: 282 | Location: Mid-Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: 26 July 2001Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Try the Hart outfit in Fayetteville, just south of Syracuse.......

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Jay,
rebarrel to 404 jeffery and be done with it

jeffe

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Read Hagel's book "Game Loads & Cartridges for American Big Game. Hagel shot the 7mm Mashburn Super with 175 gr Partitions.

Hagel is the last word on this stuff. When your done with it perhaps you will have a use for your big 7.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If Alaska is in your future plans, re-barrel to .338RUM.

If Africa is in your future plans, and you don't care about having controlled-round feed, do as Jeffeosso says and re-barrel to .404 Jeffery.

Hart Barrels in Fayetteville makes outstanding barrels, but only up to .35 caliber.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote