Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser triggers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
CNC Speciatly Products,
formerly Blackburn Machine has produced a large quanity of triggers for the 98 Mauser.

There are many functional parts on a rifle that are as important as the trigger, but none more so. The best sights and the most accurate barrel are next to useless if the trigger has a creepy, uneven letoff.

Blackburn triggers are totaly machined. They have no stamped or cast parts. Our housings are milled from aircraft quality aluminum or steel.

Blackburn single stage triggers are made for the most discerning riflemen. The recommended weight adjustment is from 2 to 4 lbs.

Phone 435-623-1388
Email: cncspecialty@netzero.com

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
P.O. Box 369 / 50 East 100 North
Levan, UT 84639
Phone: 801-691-8152
Email: maggie@cncspecialtyproducts.com
http://cncspecialtyproducts.com/

Posts: 102 | Location: www.cncspecialtyproducts.com | Registered: 29 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Lovebug, by the way you are advertising Ted's products, am I safe in assuming that you are Ted's daughter Maggie, or are otherwise connected to Ted's business?

By the way, I do think Ted makes a good trigger. However, disclosure of one's connection (if there is one) to a business that one is advertiseing strikes me as a polite thing to do.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3845 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
If she is connected to the company, maybe she can answer ForrestB's question in this thread.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
lovebug,

You have posted on a number of threads about the Blackburn/CNC Specialty Products triggers. What is the delivery time on these products? While Blackburn products are held in high regard the delivery of same has been poor to be polite.

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was just at Ted's today and picked up a couple of these triggers for myself. They are very well made. They have a lot of triggers on hand. But a lot of professional gunmakers buy Ted's triggers by the dozen, and when a run of triggers is sold out you might wait a good 4-5 months for another run to be produced. So, if you want one of these triggers you better get your order in now.

(from the language in the post it appears pretty plain to me that it is coming from CNC Products, and I doubt seriously that Ted would call himself "Lovebug".)

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Photos?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes I am Ted's Daughter Maggie.

We have the triggers in stock I can ship COD so you pay then you get product. No up front MONEY!!!!!

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
Levan, UT 84639

Posts: 102 | Location: www.cncspecialtyproducts.com | Registered: 29 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maggie...welcome to the board.

Can you post a picture of the trigger? Like to know if it sits back in the guard. Also how much?

Thanks, Ron.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
If she is connected to the company, maybe she can answer ForrestB's question in this thread.
I would also like to know!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rgg_7:
Maggie...welcome to the board.

Can you post a picture of the trigger? Like to know if it sits back in the guard. Also how much?

Thanks, Ron.

Yes, they sit far back in the guard like a shotgun trigger. That appeals to me. Last one I bought was $85.00 but that was 6-8 years ago.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For people who find the 2 lbs trigger weight a bit on the high side, there are alternatives from Europe (where trigger weights are typically set lower than in the US).

Here is an example from "Henke" in Germany - sorry the website is in German, so you'll have to polish off your language skills. Trigger weight is specified to be adjustable (perhaps with spring substitution?) between 80 and 1500 gram (2.8 - 52 oz). I have to say, I have never personally used this trigger, so I can't vouch for the quality. As with most European products, you pay the price...

http://www.henke-online.de/index.php?id=370

As far as I know, Recknagel also makes a M98 trigger. Our very own "1894" may have used one of those triggers.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear Maggie:

I have been waiting for my Blackburn trigger for almost two years, and still do not have it, even though you have $30.00 on account from me.

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Posts: 2594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yale:
Dear Maggie:

I have been waiting for my Blackburn trigger for almost two years, and still do not have it, even though you have $30.00 on account from me.

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Chris

Blackburn triggers haven;t been $30 for at least 8 yeares or more.

For those that need a photo of how they look, here is one

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear 22WRF:

The $30.00 on account was for a WSM follower that I returned to Mr. Blackburn two years ago, and left the monies on account for a Blackburn trigger.

Facts kinda get in the way of supposition don't you think?

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Maggie? Still curious...

quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too would find 2lb too heavy.

I have a Recknagel. It is a beautifully made item that oozes quality. With a lot of fiddling (ie finding the right combination of spring pressure and engagement) it will give a safe 1lb plus or minus an ounce. I think my Timney on my 9.3 is very nearly as good. The issue with mausers and light triggers is tolerance on the bolt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris,
Your trigger was sent out to your old address. I will sent another one to the address you email me today. Sorry for the delay.

Maggie

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
Levan, UT 84639

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have talk to Forrest and this is beteen us.

Thank You
Maggie

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
Levan, UT 84639

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Good to see some replies to the inquiries.

posted Hide Post
Are you able to ship to Canada, or do you have a Canadian dealer?

Posts: 6 | Location: b.c. | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes we can ship to Canada. No we are the only dealer.

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
Levan, UT 84639

One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
How do they compare in price to what is on the market now, or better yet what do the triggers run $$$. Are these just for the large ring or do you have any for small rings also?

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The trigger are $100.00.

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
Levan, UT 84639

One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Thank You!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Mauser trigger will work with al Mausers. We have a long or short trigger shoe. The triggers are $100.00.

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
Levan, UT 84639

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CNC Specialty Products

We have only 1 trigger left at time. We are running more trigger shoes and sear blocks. We have about 300 more housing. It will be about a month before more trigger are ready to ship. If you would like you can order and when they are ready we will ship.
Remember we will ship open account or COD only. No money upfront.

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
Levan, UT 84639

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ladies and Gentlemen:

For your information, Ms. Maggie Baum of CNC Specialty Products has provided me with a Mauser trigger, and honored an agreed upon price from two years ago when I ordered it.

In my opinion their customer service under her guidance is now excellent.

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris,

Thank You
Maggie

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
Levan, UT 84639

One of Us
posted Hide Post
where the heck is Levan?

Rich
Buffalo Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the very center of the state. Close in Nephi.

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
Levan, UT 84639

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spell it backwards...you'll see why it's in the very center of UT

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spell it backwards...you'll see why it's in the very center of UT

Perfect!

Posts: 49 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 December 2008Reply With Quote