New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser bolts - swapping
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I disobeyed a fundamental rule and fiddled with things that weren't broke - they are now

Medium mounts for the ZG with the unmodified bolt handle are now stripped. To use my spare low mounts needs the modified bolt handle of another ZG.

Headspace is no worse and safety etc work fine. Is it a complete no no, unwise or ok?

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
are ZG mounts unobtainium

Posts: 6492 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
I suppose if it headspaces, both lugs bear reasonably evenly and everything works well, why not.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
If its the ZG 47, do the Warne rings for the CZ550 not work? Or am I off on some wild tangent here?

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
None in the UK and even what I can import is high (Talley 30mm mediums fit a 56mm) or cruder (Warne Maxima).

I'll be getting my PMEs fixed but it'll take some time. I'll shoot something else as I don't think one of the lugs is bearing.

If anyone has any CZ Warne Premier let me know!