THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Local supplier of water displacement oil?
 Login/Join

<CAPMED>
posted
Does this oil go by another name? I know Brownells will ship, but is this product sold by local distributors so you don't have to pay shipping & hasmat fees? Thanks ,Capmed

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Try Graingers- www.graingers.com I'm sure they have a warehouse in San Antonio oops found it 210/654-4020 and 521-7861. 2 different stores

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
I would suggest you make your own water displacing oil. I got this mix from Jim Dubell (Delta Gun Shop).

1/2 automatic transmission fluid.
1/2 Diesel.

I have been using this for a couple of years. Its cheap and effective.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
far simplier solution is BALLISTOL. Buy it for $11 US in most goooood gun stores. US Navy also uses it and stocks it with ASN#?? But works well.

SP

Posts: 112 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 25 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

Far simpler solution yet. Go to your local NAPA store and buy a gallon of WD-40. It was originally developed for the space shuttle, and the WD stands for water displacement. You can still buy it in gallon liquid for about $6.00

Coach

Posts: 114 | Location: near Abilene, Texas | Registered: 04 September 2002Reply With Quote
<RugerNo3>
posted
WD-40; not much better out there. Aerosol or gallon cans.