New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lowest rings for Brno and CZ550
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I would like to find out who makes the lowest rings for Brno and CZ550 rifles. All the ones I have seen are fairly high.
I e-mailed Leupold asking for the distance from top of receiver to the bottom of the scope tube, and they replied:

"Here are those dimensions that you have requested.

1” med. Ht. .500”

1” high Ht. .600”

30mm med. Ht. .401”

30mm med. Ht. .501”

Thank you,

Trent Smith

Technical Service / Custom Shop Representative

Leupold & Stevens"

Burris appears to be .480" for their 1" rings.
My Lynx rings, made in Australia are about .490" and my CZ two piece rings measure about .690"

Does anyone know how high the talley rings are or any other ones that fit the dovetail on top of the CZ rifles?

Hart

Posts: 307 | Location: Vancouver, BC. | Registered: 15 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The very lowest were the Czech made mounts and dedicated Zeiss_Jena 'scope for the BRNO ZKK 601 and 600 Model rifles. There were no rings at all, just a one piece mount that attached directly to a rail made as part of the 'scope lower body.

You see them on eBay in Europe sometimes if you search "BRNO MOUNT" or similar. I had them on all my BRNO rifles. There really was NOTHING to best it!

Next lowest are the now out of production Hillver (Australia) mounts. These were two piece rings with dedicated bases to engage the factory dovetail on the later 5xx Model rifles

Posts: 6821 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
You can get low Q/D rings from Warne but you may need to get the bolt handle modified (lowered) to clear the lower scope.

Posts: 1433 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
After a little research I found that Warne rings are .425" and Talley rings are .410". So the lowest I found are the Talleys.
With Talleys and a Leupold 1 1/2 x 5 I will still have about .100" of clearance over bolt handle on my CZ550

Thanks, Hart

Posts: 307 | Location: Vancouver, BC. | Registered: 15 July 2000Reply With Quote