Find
Notify
Tools

titless butt plate
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted
Does anybody make a nice looking titless butt plate? If not any old ones to search for?

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dempsey:
Does anybody make a nice looking titless butt plate?

I never saw one WITH tits? animal

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Don, you're too easily entertained but I'm glad to be of service.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dempsey:
Don, you're too easily entertained but I'm glad to be of service.

Forgive me, I just couldn't resist, Dempsey! Big Grin

Page 17 of Brownells #58 has what
you seek, if I understand the question properly.

Page 471 of Midway's 2006 master catalog has some other options.

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen anything except some ugly ones that I think are meant for a shotgun. There aren't a lot of options in general for butt plates it seems. I wonder if there is no market or just nobody to fill it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I haven't seen anything except some ugly ones that I think are meant for a shotgun. There aren't a lot of options in general for butt plates it seems. I wonder if there is no market or just nobody to fill it?

I used one of the universal buttplates on a
friend's 22 with good results. I don't know what you have in mind, but a Pachmyer thin rifle
pad works well too. Used one of those on my own restocked Dakota 22. No white line, basket weave face, it looks good!

Now if you are working from scratch and want steel: Dakota, Brownell, Bisen and a few others
can be had. Several styles from Dakota.

As for the supply and/or demand thing? Probably a little of both! bewildered

Hope you find what you are seeking! cheers

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I like the pre64 winchester butt plates, they're a nice size. This will be my first steel buttplate and I haven't quite figured out the procedure for getting the tit on the heel started. I think I'll just try it and if it doesn't work out I can always cut and install a pad and still be correct in lop.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've done three stocks using "titted" butt plates. Two using pre '64 M70 plates and one Niedner. I used the same basic method that SDH described. I just proceeded with slow caution, and they came out quite nicely. They took some time, but I do recall thinking when I had finished that they were somewhat easier to do than I thought they would be. And I also will not say "It's easy, just go ahead and do it." Good luck.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I have the Wesbrook book and it's very helpfull. I understand his explanation of the process there's just a few things that haven't clicked yet. I'm in no hurry at all, I want to get it as right as I can and I'm just slow anyway on stuff like this. Thanks for the tips.

one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anybody make a nice looking titless butt plate? If not any old ones to search for?

I think that a couple of tits would be worthwhile for recoil absorption... (silicone optional of course)...

Plus, it would give you something to play with while waiting for the game to show up.

I'm easily entertained too... Smiler

John

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote