New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anshutz and Freeland Rails:
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is the difference? I have not been able to find descriptions or pictures on the web. I want to be able to put a bipod or sling on a HEAVY rifle with a flat bottomed stock and figured this is the best way. I still want it to be able to ride a bag when the accessories are removed. thank you

Posts: 896 | Location: Austin,TX USA | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone???????

Posts: 896 | Location: Austin,TX USA | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Two different accessory manufacturers, with two different rail sizes. Determine which accessories you want to attach to the rails, find out which rails will work with said accessories and make your choice. As to the actual dimensional differences between the two - can't help you. I use Anschutz. And have made "T-slot" nuts for the one accessory that didn't fit originally.

The rails do end up being a bit proud of the stock, but really should not affect the way the stock rides a bag. At least mine never seemed to.

Scott

Posts: 117 | Location: Sierra Foothills, CA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote