New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage Trigger Replacement?
 Login/Join

<Flint54>
posted
I'm sure that this subject has been covered in the past but I have not found it as of yet.
I was wondering how many replacement triggers are there for Savage Bolt Guns?

I just purchased a 10FP LE-1 in .308. The rifle is really a tack driver and with factory match 168gr HPBTs I have shot 4 5 shot groups so far that measured .475" and under @ 100yds. All other groups have been under .850".

I just cannot stand the standard Savage trigger and when I contacted Savage today I was told that the AccuTrigger cannot be retrofit to the rifle that I purchased in June of this year as it was made in June of last year and that the recievers are diffrent. So now I'm looking for recommendations as to good solid and above all SAFE Replacement triggers. I do not want to have this trigger worked on as my past experiences in that relm with Savages have left me with un-safe rifles that with a good smack on the butt the rifle would fire if loaded, or the sear would jump with the bolt operated in a normal fast reload.

All assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Flint54 [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
The sharpshooter supply trigger is a very good adjustable trigger for the savages. I don't have the phone number for them, but a quick search of this forum should turn it up, or else someone will chime in with it. I installed one on a buddies 10FLV a couple of months ago, installation was straightforward although it did take a bit of filing, nothing any reasonably mechanically adept person can't handle. It's nice and crisp, goes down to about 2 lbs, and it's safe.

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Riflebasix makes two models as well. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 47 | Location: California | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't have any experience with the sharp shooter but the I really like the timney. easy to install and adjust down to 2#.

Posts: 56 | Location: WV | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Flint
I'd second the sharp shooter supply trigger. Took less than an hour to install.(minimal filing) Made a world of difference in group size, they went fron 1.5" to .75" @ 100 yds with factory ammo.

Posts: 44 | Location: Southern Wisconsin | Registered: 14 April 2003Reply With Quote