THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Kimber BGR 89 375 H&H Floor Plate Modification question (photos added)

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber BGR 89 375 H&H Floor Plate Modification question (photos added)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Brad aka Pill Shooter
posted
I posted this in big bore also. I just got my Kimber and it seems to have that old pop the floor plate when firing issue. My Rem 700 Big Game 416 Rem does it also. No issues with my RSM or Win Mod 70. Any how I was playing around and found out that I can push an extra round into the box but it won't feed. This has me thinking if I am going to have to pay to have the current floor plate fixed why don't I put something like an extend AHR type floor plate and get 4 rounds down? Has anyone done this or knows where I can have it done?

Thanks Brad Smiler

Posts: 619 | Location: Sherwood, Oregon USA | Registered: 07 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK...a little confused here: Are we talking about the Kimber, Remington or M-70?

From front to back: The Win uses something like a generic action and tries to manipulate the springs and follower so one size fits all. As usual, the fix really means that nothing really works perfectly. Am I on the right page here?

If your Rem and Kimber vomits the magazine contents.. why don't you take it back to the dealer? Will a stronger spring help? maybe... but the fact is that this is an intolerable situation on a dangerous game rifle.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just got my Kimber and it seems to have that old pop the floor plate when firing issue

Call Kimber. I't their problem. They need to correct it.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Does new Kimber cover old Kimber of Oregon issues for rifles purchased used? I think that is the situation Brad is in, unless I am remembering his prior thread about the rifle incorrectly.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad aka Pill Shooter
posted Hide Post
This is an old kimber rifle (ie Kimber of Oregon). As far as I have heard the New Kimber bought the name not the old company's head ache's. Old Kimber went bankrupt a while back. I went through the rifle again last night and found one of the stock bedding screws was quite loose. This may be the issue? I'll take back to the range and check it out. My question is simple " Is there an easy way to get 4 rounds down without a major stock/metal work alteration?" I'll live with 3 if I have too.

The Remington is a whole different story. They took their standard BDL bottom metal and slapped it on a 416 Remington hoping for the best. I made multiple calls to Remington and got the run around. If I decide to keep the rifle I will get all new bottom metal to fix the problem once and for all. Williams makes a nice replacement set up that would work. I have less love for my 416 Rem since I picked up a 416 Rigby.

Thanks Brad Smiler

Posts: 619 | Location: Sherwood, Oregon USA | Registered: 07 August 2006Reply With Quote