New
Find
Notify
Tools

pro hunter trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does any one make a after market trigger for these? Or who would you recommend to fix a botched trigger job on mine?

Posts: 28 | Location: Canfield Ohio | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1640, first, welcome to AR. I have looked exhaustively and have not found an aftermarket trigger for an Encore.

It is a pain in the ass, but you can send it back to Thompson and they will basically put a new trigger in it. Another source of good stuff, including GOOD trigger jobs is EABCO
Look for their 'Encore action job'

I have only bought stuff from them, but have heard lot's of really good reports on work they have done for folks.

There is a great guy who posts here as Bobby Tomek, he is SUPER knowledgeable about TC/Encore frames etc. so maybe he will chime in.

One thing I can tell you, is that an overly light trigger on an Encore is EXTREMELY dangerous, I have seen several accidental hammer drops on Encore's with folks who 'fixed their trigger'.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact Mike Bellm. His website is www.bellmtcs.com. He does custom trigger jobs himself and also provides instructions on his method.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe that Mike Bellm has stopped doing trigger jobs. He has a person or two he recommends to have them done. They are listed on his website.

Posts: 1669 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input, I'm sending it to one of his recommended smiths to fix it.

Posts: 28 | Location: Canfield Ohio | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With Quote