New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stockfitting
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I think I have the length of pull worked out but...

What about the other measurements- cast off, drop at the heel, drop at the comb, distance to trigger etc... Essentially, I want to attempt to fit a rifle stock to me as perfectly as I can get it... How do I determine these measurements?

Any information, tips, books, references, or links appreciated.

Posts: 360 | Location: PA | Registered: 29 September 2001Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
DeeBee---

Meet me in Reno the last week-end of this month and I'll introduce you to James Tucker who has a try gun. I think he charges $20 for a fitting and can do it for open sights or scope.

You forgot length of grip, shape of foreend, and (VERY important) cast-off. [Smile]

Until you feel one that *truly* fits, you'll spend years guessing and second guessing. The difference is the same as having boots that fit.

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
JBelk,

I think you are going to attract a crowd in Reno with that announcement!

I am planning on looking you up anyway, but I would like to be fitted as well [Wink]

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim,
Jack is easy to find at the show. Look towards the bar and then look for a guy who is 5 foot 16 inches tall who is either at the bar or at one of the tables near the bar.

No, he doesnt spend all of his time there, he may be at the rest room occasionally. ( I will suffer for that)

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As he was threatening to wear a dress the last I knew you may need to look in the ladies room [Eek!]

Jeff

[ 01-07-2003, 00:01: Message edited by: Skibum ]

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ANd I might say in addendum to what Chic has said, if you can't find him standing at the bar, he is probably off taking a piss. Not to worry, check out the best looking double breasted mattress thrasher at the bar, keep you eyes on her and eventually Jack will show up and put his arms around her as if he owns her. He probably does for the interim.

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote