New
Find
Notify
Tools

458 lott
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've been wanting to build a 458 Lott for killing all of those pesky feral pigs. So, I've got two questions.
1. Recently bought a Rem. Model 30S. Anyone used one before? I know its a P-17 in civilian close, but thats about it.
2. Anyone know where I can get a drop magazine for one. Would really like for it to have a little more ammo. You know how bad those pesky pigs can be.

Thanks
Mike

Posts: 144 | Location: Llano County, Texas | Registered: 16 July 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
The 30 would work perfectly for that. but the stock will have to be replaced and/or worked over by a bigbore pro... 458 lott will destroy a run of the mill stock.

the mag shuold hold (you can take the floorplate off and try it) 4 down, stock... if it's close, order a winchester 416 rem follower from brownells.

iron sights will be a must for this one... IMNSHO

jeffe

Posts: 39574 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeffe
First thing I did was get rid of the stock. And yeah, iron sights are going on. thought about a quarter rib with integral scope base for a scout scope. Thanks again for the info.

Posts: 144 | Location: Llano County, Texas | Registered: 16 July 2003Reply With Quote