New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a trigger for HVA
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Had a rifle in the shop the other day. It was a Carl Gustaf?Husqvarna in a left hand. It is a custom rifle and some idiot had worked over the trigger rendering it almost useless. Can anyone tell me where to get a replacement, LH trigger?

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Get in touch with Steve Bruns, aka SBHVA here on A-R.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim.

Is it the HVA model with the Sako style extractor and the funny looking locking lugs?

It´s not that easy to ger´t a spare trigger to that model, it was made untill about 1970. A LH should be even harder to get.......

I suspect that you could use a RH trigger and use the safety from the old LH trigger.

I could be possible to get a trigger here in Sweden. I have a friend that have a singleshot model of that action (if it´s the model I think). He changed the trigger to a match trigger of another brand. He probably have the old trigger around. Let me know if we are thinking of the same model!

Stefan

The bitter taste of poor quality stays in the mouth far longer than the sweet taste of the low price!

Posts: 635 | Location: Umea/Sweden | Registered: 28 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sent you either an email or a pm with info I got off another site. I am definitely interested in the trigger, I am sure I can take the safety from this one and mount it on the new trigger. Email me please: Jkob60@aol.com

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sbhva
posted Hide Post
Jim;

Let me know if you can't get the trigger from Stefan.

Steve

PS: We have met in the past at gun shows when I used to live in The Cities. I am the Husqvarna nut from Eden Prairie, now in Wisconsin.

Steve

Posts: 120 | Location: Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote