New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger No. 1 International question
 Login/Join

<duckster>
posted
Anyone have any experience with the No 1 International? I don't own a No. 1 but have read in several of the rifle mags about the difficulty of getting them to shoot well. The articles usually mention the forend tension screw as something needed to get the groups down. Does this apply to the International as well, with its full length stock? Just curious as I have a chance to pick one up in 7x57

one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
I owned a No.1 RSI in 7x57 for about 6 years and never had any problems with it. Not a tackdriver mind, but a good honest hunting rifle that would group about 1.25" with 140gn hunting bullets.

Only traded it off because I found a mauser that would group cast bullets much better than the Ruger

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a No.1 RSI in 7x57. Cute little rifle but very loud with its short barrel. Mine shoots excellent groups, usually under an inch an 100 metres. The problem is that point of impact does shift around somewhat due to the forend putting pressure on the barrel. I'm thinking of epoxy bedding the forend and free floating the barrel.
Anyone here ever tried that on an RSI?

Posts: 164 | Location: Germany | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine had a No1 RSI in 243. It shot real good.

[ 07-11-2003, 11:54: Message edited by: N E 450 No2 ]

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote